Bulgaria

Sofia

FSP

Monday, June 4, 2012

Kolina Second Visit Day One




Back to the orphanage in the afternoon. We were invited to take her downstairs to the play room. Kolina doesn't play. She didn't enjoy the ball pit, she doesn't have any idea what to do with any of the toys I brought. She just sits. But as you will see from the video I did find her funny bone! Sadly the video is quite washed out. I'm sure my son Charlie can help me fix that, but for now it's just washed out. But I think you can see and hear enough that you will see that this little girl is opening up.





When they sent us off with her down to the play room I was also handed her bowl of baby cereal for her 4th of 6 feedings for today. She is taking it from the spoon but has a powerful tongue thrust and very immature movement of the food in her mouth. She also doesn't have good closure around the spoon. Another thing to add to the "To Do List" Get feeding therapy lined up!And then the spitting up starts. This poor baby. It's no wonder her teeth are essentially gone. All that stomach acid up into her mouth so many times a day for 9 years.Mom, that onesie she is wearing is a 12 month size. So all the 24 month clothes we have for her will fit! And she has funny toes similar to Beths! I can't wait to see the two of them together!


Veronica, did you see that I put the bracelot you made for me on her? She left it on the whole time!


She is everything I hoped she'd be and more. She looks so good compared to the picture of her when I first saw her. That picture was from last August. Her Baba said she was 12 lbs last August.


I can hardly wait for tomorrow to get back to her!













6 comments:

Susanna said...

I laughed and cried all the way through this video! Oh Linda, she looks so much better! What an answer to prayer! WHAT A SWEETHEART!!!!

Jennifer said...

Amen! Amen! Praying through your whole journey...an amazing story and an amazing family!

KB said...

Following along and praying for you! She looks great, what a little love. Can't wait until she's home with you for good!

Leah Spring said...

Oh my gosh, she sounds SO MUCH like my Asher when I met him. I didn't have a clue what toys were for, and the only thing he did do was dangle whatever he could find. I have a video about his feeding progress. Home 6 months and he is just starting to chew a tiny bit, but he DOES have lip closure now! In fact, but the time we got home we had him keeping his tongue in. I showed his nurses how to prompt him to keep it in and they started prompting ALL the kids in his group with DS! Here's the blog post about his eating progress.
http://gardenofeagan.blogspot.com/2012/05/houston-we-have-lips.html

Linnea said...

That giggle is amazing! So happy for her! and you!!!
Be blessed
Ashlee
http://continuingourjourney.blogspot.com/

Mark and Michelle said...

28Thank you for posting all the details and pictures. Praying for your strength and wisdom. I also have the details of your family on my heart.